When I first started this blog (a whopping five weeks ago), I found several blogs that provide writing prompts, and I totally thought I'd be using those prompts for posts all.the.time. Boy was I wrong. I've looked at many, tried a few, but never finished a post (well, except for the Small Stones and, ten days in, that is HARD)...well, here we go with the first, from Mama Kat
Many of us like to poke fun at some of the things that drive us crazy as parents…let’s flip the script, what are 10 things you love about motherhood?
In no particular order:
1. I love hearing "mama" from my girls, and to a lesser extent "mom" or "mommy", knowing that it means only me.
2. I love looking at my girls and knowing as sure as I know anything in the world that I had a major role in creating them (by which I also acknowledge how they are also creating themselves every minute of every day).
3. I love kissing them goodnight, even when I think I might have to resort to duct tape and zip ties to keep them in bed (kidding!)
4. I love those moments, either later at night or early in the morning, when I am up drinking my coffee and the rest of the house is still asleep, knowing the best things in my life are safe and warm in their beds.
5. I love that my eyes now have the power to find anything that is lost, my hands have the power to bring calm to panicked children, and my kiss has the power to heal just about anything - who knew I was a superhero?
6. I love that I have (so far) raised my girls to believe they can do anything in their lives and that what they do or become does not have to be the same as anyone else's.
7. I love having a hand to hold, no matter where I am.
8. I love watching my children participate in whatever activities they take part in.
9. I love sharing my love of reading with my children.
10. I love the perspective and lessons that come with motherhood - knowing that nothing else is as important as my family, and that nothing is more important to being a parent than being there for my children.