I was just kindly tagged with "The Versatile Blogger" award by Masked Mom. The requirements of this amazing award are that I list 7 things about myself, and that I pass the award along to a bunch of others. By a bunch, I mean probably a bigger number than I have on my "blogs I read" list but I'll give it a go.
First things first: here's my award!
Now here are my seven things:
1. I haven't a clue what I'm doing with this blogging thing, besides my fingers chasing my stream of consciousness. This post includes two firsts - my first attempt to "link" a blog or a post, and my first attempt to paste in an image. I'm definitely learning as I go along.
2. I have been in the midst of a "what do I want to be when I grow up - because it sure ain't THIS" crisis for about eighteen months now.
3. I dreamed of having something like Facebook for decades - where I could pop on, look up people that floated through my brain and see where they are and what they are doing, with no pressure whatsoever to insert myself into their life. I love it.
4. I am a very grateful person, and I have no trouble listing a hundred ways in which I am blessed every day of my life. Which is saying something since I'm also a terrible pessimist who tries to hide by calling myself a realist.
5. I swear like a sailor, and I enjoy it most of the time. And count myself lucky that my kids have not followed suit...yet...
6. In my dreams, I can sing like a Broadway star. At best I am a solid chorus singer with a limited range, but when I am alone in my car, I have been known to pretend otherwise.
7. I hope one day to spend 3-6 months a year in a house-with-a-view on the island side of Puget Sound.
Thanks again Masked Mom for the award! It brightened my day immensely. I will do the awarding it forward tonight.