I have been tagged in a little "getting to know you" blog tag. Thanks go out to cdnkaro and her happy tagging post which you can read here. So, here goes!
Rules say that if you are tagged you have to write a post doing 3 things: (1) answering the 11 questions posed to you; (2) come up with 11 questions of your own; and (3) tag 11 blog-friends (no tag-backs) to answer your questions. All clear?
Step 1: My 11 answers
1. If you could have supper with any three people, be they currently living or not, who would you choose?
(1) My grandparents (I'm calling them a single unit, because I want all four) - because I was too young to realize all the things I'd like to know about them before they died; (2) Amelia Earhart - because I really want to know what happened to her; and (3) Jacob Wetterling - because I really want to be able to tell his parents what happened to him and that he's OK.
2. Why? See above.
3. Complete this sentence: The world needs more ______________ in order to be a better place.
Peace. I'm a hippie in my soul. Peace and Love, folks.
4. If you won the lottery, what are the first 3 things you would do?
Pay off all unsecured debt. Then set up college or "first downpayment" accounts for my kids and my nieces and nephews. And if there is enough money left, I'd plan a big party and pay for the travel expenses of all my friends to come and visit me.
5. What are three items on your bucket list?
(1) Ride in a hot air balloon; (2) Run a 5k and finish; (3) Be a judge on Iron Chef: America.
6. If you attended Hogwarts, to which house would you belong?
Ha ha! After we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in March, and then started reading the HP series together, my daughter and I have had this conversation multiple times. I usually tell her I'm Ravenclaw all the way (I'm the smart friend absolutely), though at times I think I'm ballsy enough to make the jump to Gryffindor.
7. If you had to choose only 3 words to describe yourself, what would those 3 words be?
Smart, funny, loyal
8. Complete this this sentence: the world needs less/fewer ______________ in order to be a better place.
Deadlines. We're all so busy meeting deadlines that we forget to smell the roses around us. And often, those deadlines are insignificant and arbitrary. And Kardashians.
9. Does knowing that someone has had body modifications (tattoos, piercings other than in the ears, plastic surgery, etc.) alter your perception/opinion of them?
It makes me more curious about them for sure - I always like to know why people do the things they do. Particularly when the body modification is of a type I'm unfamiliar with or uninterested in personally. I have watched every Discovery Channel program on body modifications that I've ever come across. Fascinating, whether it is something I'm into or not - and surprisingly I'm much less likely to be judgmental about tattoos and piercings than I am by cosmetic plastic surgery!
10. If you had only one day left to live, how would you spend that time?
Remember that party I wanted to host up in #4 - that's how I'd like to spend it. And I'd like to write a love note to everyone I love before I go.
11. What is the most thrilling experience you have ever had? (NOT pertaining to relationships or giving birth.)
Feeding and touching a dolphin. I was giddy about it for hours afterwards. That had been on my bucket list for years!
Step 3: My tags (see how I get all oppositional with the rules, going out of order???)
I went through my blog list this morning and picked 11 women who write words I want to read. They have great things to say in every post and they make me feel things - which you all know from reading my blog over the past months is a work in progress for me (emotions are tricky things!). So, in no particular order, my tags are bestowed upon:
Lovely ladies all - with a variety of points of view - please take a minute to check them out!
Step 2: And here are my questions, for those brave enough to accept this challenge!
1. Do you, or did you before blogging, also write in any other formats?
2. Why did you start blogging (e.g. as a journal, as a message, as a business ...)
3. Do you ever have to stop reading another blog because the grammar or spelling makes you crazy?
4. Have you ever met the author of a blog you follow (not including folks you knew before you knew their blog)?
5. What is your all time best ever thing you ate?
6. If you had one week and an unlimited Visa card to go anywhere in the world, but you had to spend that week alone, where would you go and what would you do?
7. Excluding the aforementioned opinion you may or may not have about grammar and spelling, what is your one pet peeve of all time?
8. Have you ever visited a place and just "felt" that you belonged there?
9. Do you prefer to have a grocery store employee pack your bags or do you prefer to do it yourself?
10. How large was your high school graduating class, and have you ever attended a class reunion?
11. How do you feel about salon care - hair coloring/hair styling/manicure/pedicure/massage/facials?